How do I block websites on Safari on iPad?
If you own a MacBook, iPad or iPhone, chances are that you’re using Safari. And if you have kids that use your Apple devices, they’re also using the web browser. However, while you might like to have free reign of your devices, there are some websites you would rather younger users even have access to due to inappropriate content. In those cases, it’s important to know how to block a website on Safari.
Since the internet can be an unpredictable place for even the most savvy of users, oftentimes it is best just to limit access to what children can and cannot view. In this tutorial, we will be showing you how to block a website on Safari.
(Image credit: Laptop Mag)
1) Navigate to the top of your laptop screen and click on the Apple logo.(Image credit: Laptop Mag)
2) A dropdown menu will appear. Scroll down in the menu and click on the System Preferences tab.
3) Once in System Preferences, navigate to the bottom of your menu and click on the Parental Controls tab.(Image credit: Laptop Mag)
4) In the Parental Controls tab, select the account that you wish to make changes to by selecting the name on the right-hand side of the screen, as well as selecting the lock icon.(Image credit: Laptop Mag)
5) After selecting the lock icon, log into your computer’s administrator account and continue.(Image credit: Laptop Mag)
6) Next, select the account that you wish to make changes to on the left side of the screen. The account I will be accessing is called Demo 1.(Image credit: Laptop Mag)
7) At the top of the task bar, navigate over to the Web tab. Click on the Web tab. While in the tab, click on Try to limit access to adult websites and from there hit Customize.
8) In the Customize tab, scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and click the + icon under the Never allow these websites tab. From there, you may add any website that you wish to be blocked, and the access to that website will be restricted.
1. Open your iPhone's Settings.
Did this summary help you?YesNo
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 593,858 times.
Your little kid often pounces on your iPhone and starts browsing the web. And as a parent, you want your little champ to stay away from the explicit content. Therefore, you’ve finally decided to completely block websites in Safari on the iPhone or iPad so that obscene content remains at bay. So, follow along!
How to Block Websites in Safari on iPhone and iPad in iOS 13
What if you happen to change your mind later for any personal reason and allow access to the blocked sites? Don’t worry; you can get it done with ease.
How to Unblock a Website in Safari
That’s pretty much it!
Going forward, you will be able to visit this site without any restrictions.
Have Your Say…
That’s how you can make the web browsing of your kid secure. Now that you know how the hack works, do take advantage of it as and when required.
How do I permanently block a website on Safari?
Here's how to block websites in Safari and manage the parental controls and restrictions for web content..
Tap Add a Website under NEVER ALLOW..
Type the URL of the website you wish to block in the Website field..
Select Back at the top left..
How do I permanently block a website?
How to Block Any Website On Your Android Phone.
Install ES File Explorer. ... .
In this folder, you'll see the file named hosts - tap it and in the pop up menu, tap text. ... .
Tap the edit button in the top bar..
Now, you're editing the file, and to block sites, you want to redirect their DNS. ... .
Reboot your Android device..